The Question’s You Need To Ask Yourself…
If you’re serious about your sporting career, if you want to train like a champion and achieve targetted results and improve physical performance; These are the questions you need to consider when structuring your program.
- What physiological adaptations are needed for your athlete?
- Speed, strength, aerobic and anaerobic capacity
- How will you assess what adaptations are needed? What tests will you use?
- We use a range of tests in our boxing specific testing battery
- What physiological adaptations are needed at specific points in the training cycle?
- Where does your strength training fit into the whole picture? Start, middle or end?
- How will you prescribe training and manipulate the amount of training you do to induce these adaptations?
- What volumes and intensities based on previous testing scores?
- How much recovery do you need to maximise these adaptations?
- This can be daily, weekly or when tapering down to the fight?
Ryszard and Will were on ??? this morning for their #tapering session. This banded resistance drill works on firing up the gluteal and core muscles during punching specific movements. Adding a lateral movement also fires up the glute med more. #boxing #boxingtraining #boxingscience #punch #specific #bandworkouts #glutes #core #strengthandconditioning #sportscience
- How will you know you have achieved an appropriate amount of adaptation?
- Find out what is the maximum and the smallest worthwhile change you can make.
If you’re having trouble answering these questions ask us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Train Like A Champion
Then enter our NEW competition where you can win £300 worth of training content.
Here is your chance to experience our world class training methods and mind blowing results available to you, for FREE, by entering this competition below.
Enter our free prize draw competition to win our Bronze Online Program we are selling at £100 … with the total value at £300!
WHAT’S UP FOR GRABS???
• Home fitness and movement testing – self-assessment tool
• Weekly Boxing Science Educational Newsletter
• Remote S&C, Running and Mobility program
• General diet guidelines