Benefits of the Back Squat
- Strengthens the lower body and core. This has a large transfer to any sport that involves running, jumping, throwing or striking movements.
- Promotes a forceful hip extension, which important transferring force generated from floor to the hips and through to the core.
- Develops core strength, this is important for rotational velocity and effective mass during a punch.
- Can increase lean mass of the core, this is the most influential contributor to punching force.
- A large eccentric component to the lift will strengthen hamstrings and glutes, this develops an effective stretch shortening cycle whilst reducing the likelihood of injury.
- Studies show that the back squat improves jump height. From our own research, we know that the higher you jump is related to a harder punch, this is why the squat is prioritised in our strength programs.
Train Like a Champion
Our new online program ‘Train Like a Champion’ is NOW AVAILABLE.
This program will bring Boxing Science to your doorstep, with a full in-depth sport science program designed to achieve the results you have desired.
This is the blueprint to elite performance.