Benefits of the Romanian Deadlift
- Develops the posterior chain, this is important to improve function of glutes and hamstrings, as well as strengthening the lower back and core. This is important for athletes as the posterior chain is not strengthened through traditional boxing methods, therefore the Romanian deadlift can also reduce the likelihood of injury.
- Movement assessments show that boxers are quad-dominant athletes and find it difficult to hinge at the hips, this means that the glutes can become underactive. The Romanian deadlift is a great tool to learn the hip-hinge pattern.
- Promotes a forceful hip extension, which important transferring force generated from floor to the hips and through to the core.
- Develops core strength, this is important for rotational velocity and effective mass.
- A large eccentric component to the lift will strengthen hamstrings and glutes, this develops an effective stretch shortening cycle whilst reducing the likelihood of injury.
Train Like a Champion
Our new online program ‘Train Like a Champion’ is NOW AVAILABLE.
This program will bring Boxing Science to your doorstep, with a full in-depth sport science program designed to achieve the results you have desired.
This is the blueprint to elite performance.
Find out more about the program by clicking here