As boxers and coaches become more familiar with altitude training, we have launched our ‘It takes more than a mask’. Over a number of articles, a team of experts will be reviewing the benefits and preferred methods to improve a boxers fitness.
We’ll be answering questions such as:
- What effect does exercising at altitude have on the body?
- Why do athletes train at altitude?
- How could boxers use altitude training?
- What are altitude tents and how do they work?
- How do we use our altitude tent?
- What are altitude masks and how do they work?
- Are altitude masks useful for boxers?
Watch our boxers use the altitude tent at Sheffield Hallam University in the video below.
Boxing Science is the world’s first website dedicated to sport science research and application in Boxing. We will be providing articles and research in Boxing over various sport science disciplines, including strength and conditioning, physiology, psychology, nutrition and much more.